Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"It's not that funny"

So, the time has come and gone and summer is almost here. Honestly, I should be studying (yay procrastination!) but I seriously cannot focus right now. Since summer is fast approaching, I have been thinking of what the definition of the perfect summer would be...

The main thing is Harry Potter World (sorry Chelsea :) ) but when one thinks of summer, one mainly thinks of friends, and I gotta say, I have some pretty great ones. The thought came to me when I went to see "Get Him to the Greek" today. You see, if you watch any comedy with me, you will find that I have a very distinctive laugh. Throughout that entire movie, I was "lmao" if you will. Afterwards, I apologized to my friends and not one of them minded. They told me that they loved my laugh and it made them laugh too. This was a big change from another occasion at a movie theatre, when one of my "friends" turned to me in the middle of the movie and told me "it's not that funny"

I know it is silly, but my feelings were seriously hurt when that person essentially told me I was annoying them by laughing too much. I mean, I'm sorry I have a different sense of humor than you do. To me, laughing is the way to express your sense of humor and the sense of humor is the core of a person's humanity. People that have similar senses of humor are linked more closely than those who don't, and that is just a simple fact. If you don't have similar senses of humor, you can't make the other laugh and neither person is going to have any fun.

I was just touched that my friends did not mind at my laugh. As a little of a thing as that may seem, it meant a lot. I guess I underestimate them.

Man, I suck at segues.

And conclusions.

1 comment:

  1. i will probably die without ever going to harry potter world so HAVE FUN WOMAN

    ReplyDelete